Saturday, January 14, 2012

WTF Shoko Nakagawa DVD/Dating sim ?

So around 5:30 this morning when i was trying to get back to sleep, I realized that me and my cohort still have a large amount of yet to be uploaded rips. But more importantly I also realized I haven't watched half of what we plan to put onto the blog. So out of impulse and no one being awake I decided to watch one random Shoko Nakagawa gravure DVD.... The one I chose was called Shoko Nakagawa... Okay I can't read japanese, so of course I just grabbed the DVD and threw it in the player. I was expecting for normal gravure scenes, some explicit and some  very explicit and some just down right annoying. Do I get that? NO. I getting a friggin Shokotan dating sim! I know what people are thinking, "you're a freaking pervert", but you know what? If I wasn't I wouldn't have bought the damn DVD to begin with. Interestingly enough though the dvd/dating sim was very well done. Here is a quick run through of how the game goes:

Start menu of Shokotan dating sim
Okay, so here we have the startup menu. Like any good dating sim you have your start menu, just so you people know I was too tired and too stupid to realize that I could have watched all the other gravure scenes by just clicking the options on the right hand side.
Opening Scene of the sim
A little cliche of dating sim games but the opening scene is you waking up late for your date with shoko. Hey it's a dating sim, if you're looking originality, read a book. Of course the player, you, panics and bam the first option menu appears:
First option of the game
You have your good choice and your not so good choice. This is going to be the only choice that I spoil for you. If you choose the top choice you choose not to call her and go running to the meeting spot late.
Shoko is upset
And if you choose the bottom option, you call her to let her know you are running late:
Shoko listening intently
These first two choices in the game don't necessarily mean you can't get the best ending in the game, I don't know about the rest of y'all but I hate dating sims that doom you from the first choice of the game. Also like other dating sims there is a relationship status bar, it can either go to where she loves you or wants to kill you.
 Happy relationship points are on the right
 This is the hate bar on the left
 Also one thing about the game, depending on your choices, thr relationship bar can either be meh, and by that I mean she doesn't hate or love you but just remains satisfied. One thing I do like about this DVD/dating sim is that she'll remain with you until the end of the date with the meh status. This just means you don't get the best ending.
 If you have a meh bar, you can still save yourself from utter defeat. Just by making the right choice to make her happy.
This is the only ending to be spoiled, the meh bar being completely average, she thanks you for a nice time but doesn't plan to continue the date further. Something unique about this sim, if you want to correct me go ahead, I'm not an connoisseur of dating sims unlike my cohort. At each end shoko will actually scold you or praise you on your performance
With the meh or bad endings you get the same scolding from her
This is how you know that you have achieved the best ending, shoko will show up in pigtails and congratulate you for achieving a wonderful date. It then goes on to a quick caption of your date and the aftermath.


Upon happy ending achievment you will get a medley of shoko posing cute and sexy in different outfits. Amazingly enough I found myself getting enthralled in the game rather than all the hotness afterwards. I found myself really wondering where the options would send me, mainly because I can't read japanese, and utterly refusing to just choose the other menu which allows you to look at all the hot vids anyway. But here is another problem I realized halfway through this, how in the name of crap is FMR going to release this torrent. Are we going going to release the game as an ISO with a walkthrough, or are we going to do it in two pieces and just skip out the choices. So I put this up for the people to decide.
PS - I'm leaning towards and ISO for the bonus footage. But odds are we will do both. A long video rip for all the scenes and an ISO. It will probably take us a little bit before this one is up. I'm also going to start watching before posting.

7 comments:

  1. Where did you get this game?

    Thank you very much though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesasia.com but i have a torrent of it up in a pack of other shoko-tan dvds

      Delete
    2. can you give me the link of the torrent please...
      sorry for bothering you... I'd really love to try the dating sim with shokotan lol

      Delete
    3. i'll re-upload it as a unzipped dvd iso if you have vlc you can play it.

      Delete
    4. seriously? thanks! oh gosh... I never know any people around me who is familiar with Shokotan and Nana-chan lol

      Delete
    5. hi, am sorry to say couldn't get the iso just right, but if still want the torrent here's the link, it's the full dvd you can't play the dating sim but you can watch it plus extras. http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=311630

      Delete
    6. nah... thanks anyway ^_^ and by the way... I liket this blog! Keep it up! Really... thanks for the torrent link!

      Delete